RigPAC® is a secure consignment container that provides savings through supply chain cost reduction, risk mitigation, and elimination of excess purchasing. It includes a secure and reliable non-manned supply source that is serviced by the assigned local DNOW branch location personnel.
Through its RigPAC℠ service, DNOW provides supply chain management, industrial asset management, machinery and tool distribution, and wholesale and retail consignment store services featuring tools, machinery, and safety supplies to others for the oil and gas industry and drilling applications.
Overall, the RigPAC® consignment container has 6 significant benefits for our customers:
- Reduction of “just-in-case” inventory on the customer’s rigs
- Focus on core operations through consignment inventory service
- Reduction of rig downtime due to a reduction in delivery lead times
- Customizable inventory with items available 24/7
- Increased visibility of spend through KPI analysis
- Safety assurance provided by the on-board equipment
While basic specifications may vary by model, the following represents a basic design:
- Standard 40 ft. x 8 ft. x 8.5 ft. (LxWxH) shipping container
- External 220v single phase power connection
- 193 storage bins for materials
- Fire extinguisher
- Flammable products storage
- Air conditioning (A/C)
- Primary entrance/exit in side wall
Interior wall with workbench, shelving, and side door
Interior wall with shelving and flammables cabinet
Overhead view of floorplan
The container's design may be modified from the above example to meet specific customer needs. These modifications may include CAT5 cable for internet connectivity, custom shelving or storage, a desk, or other options.
RigPAC® is designed to be safe for workers. There are 2 exits – a primary door in the side wall and a container door on the end for loading/unloading and emergency situations. Flammable products, such as paints, fuel, or aerosols, should be stored in the flammables cabinet provided. The integrated air conditioning (A/C) unit can provide climate control as needed. In case of fire, use the class A/B/C fire extinguisher provided next to the primary door.
Containers may be outfitted with the following additional emergency equipment:
- First aid kit
- Eyewash station
- Automated external defibrillator (AED)